- Launch of the Skills Framework for Social Service during the SSI Graduation & Awards Ceremony 2019 to enable the social service sector and aspiring social service professionals to make informed decisions on career choices and skills upgrading.
- Launch of the Training Gap Analysis, a sector-wide study to help identify proficiency gaps in social service professionals. This will help SSI revise and revamp our coursework in alignment with the Skills Framework for Social Service.
- The Training Network Model was piloted to mark a significant milestone in SSI’s collaboration with our partners in the social service ecosystem in order to create greater impact in the areas of training and development.
- The SSI Expert Series was conducted through a collaboration between SSI and various stakeholders in order to provide quality conferences and master classes.
- The Singapore-Berkeley Series 2019 was held. It is a collaboration between the University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley), Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF), SSI, Ang Mo Kio Family Service Centre Community Services (AMKFSC) and the Tote Board. It addressed various topics relevant the social service sector such as children and youth, disability and eldercare.
- Launch of the SSI Media Production Studio, also known as CreateHere.
- As a part of the Education innovation initiative, GatherHere was officially launched to the social service sector by NCSS President Anita Fam on 21 Mar 2019.
- Commemorated the Opening of SSI@ Central Plaza, to reflect the expanded impact of SSI beyond social services. This includes the networks established, transformation of sector learning, connecting individuals to career opportunities in the sector, working with employers to enhance their Human Resources practices and bolstering the infrastructure for the Human Resources, Executive Director and Board Member community to recruit, develop and retain their people.
- Relocated to Tiong Bahru Central Plaza, to enable us to remain well connected with our NCSS member agencies at the heart of the Social Service Hub and to provide more opportunities for collaboration in learning innovation.
- Embarked on the Education Innovation Initiative to harness the benefits of technology and innovative pedagogies to enhance learning experiences and make teaching more scalable to the sector.
- Organised the ‘Tote Board-SSI: Global Leader Series for Non-Profits’, the signature conference series for the non-profit sector in Singapore.
- Launched the Professional Certificates in Casework & Group Work (NSWCF Foundational).
- Developed the ‘ACE Capstone Leadership Programme for Non-Profits’ to develop talents by grooming strategic leaders for the non-profit sector.
- Launched the Advanced Certificate in Supported Employment (ACSE) and Certificate in Peer Support.
- Participated in the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Research Project in collaboration with the Singapore Management University (SMU).
- Signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Singapore Institute of Directors (SID) to strengthen the capability of Social Service Agencies (SSAs). In partnership with SID, the Institute launched the NonProfit Directors Programme’ for board members. Developed quarterly ‘Board Members Network’ event and Governance 101.
- Developed the Leadership Milestone programme (Lead Self, Lead People, Lead Managers) to groom a future-ready social service workforce.
- Jointly developed ‘The Starting Point: An Onboarding Programme for Social Workers’ with the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) and Ministry of Health (MOH). It is based on the National Social Workers Competency Framework (NSWCF).
- Launched the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications Advanced Certificate and Diploma in Social Service.
- Published ‘Nurturing Careers, Inspiring Lives’ book, a collection of personal stories of 10 graduates from our Diploma and Higher Diploma in Social Service, aimed to illustrate the motivation of the graduates to join the social service sector.
- Communities of Practice launched the Person-centred Approval Toolkit and Mental Health Resource kit.
- Celebrated 10 years of achievements in manpower capability building.
- Repositioned the Social Service Institute as an integrated social service hub for training, practice, resource and career.
- Relocated to TripleOne Somerset for better accessibility and greater presence.
- Launched the SSI Expert Series to Stimulate, Sustain and Inspire the sector.
- Appointed by the then Singapore Workforce Development Agency as a Continuing Education and Training (CET) centre for Social Services.
- Invested in an e-journal database (EBSCOhost) to build the research capability of SSAs.
- Initiation of Communities of Practice to strengthen the transfer of learning into practice.
- Successful articulation of the SSTI Higher Diploma in Social Service to the Bachelor of Social Work with the then SIM University (UniSIM).
- SSTI Higher Diploma in Social Service is launched
- SSTI Diploma in Social Service is launched.
- Mandarin Board Governance programmes were started.
- Achieved accreditation as an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency.
- Launch of the Bachelor of Education (Special Education) with Flinders University.
- School of Non-Profits is established.
- Official launch of the Social Service Training Institute.