Professional Capability Grant (PCG)
To be eligible, you must:
- Achieve at least 75 per cent attendance; and
- Be certified competent in all assessment components
In the event that you fail to meet the attendance/assessment requirements and terms and conditions for PCG funding eligibility, you will be liable for the full course fees. For more information on the Professional Capability Grant (PCG) Training Grant, click here.
Who can Apply?
- Staff from NCSS member Social Service Agencies (SSAs) and/or MSF-funded agencies.
- SSA staff who are Employment Pass/S Pass/Work Permit holders are also eligible.
Funding Scheme (for non pre-approval training grant)
For SSI WSQ certifiable courses, eligible SSAs may apply for funding, and will be required to pay full course fees to SSI.
|Type of Courses||VCF Funding||Application Procedures|
|SSI WSQ certifiable courses.
* only applicable for Employment Pass/S Pass/Work Permit holders
|Up to 60% of course fees capped at $700 per course or $192 per day.||Submit your PCG application online via Fund Application System (FAS) in compliance with the PCG Evaluation Panel dates and submission deadlines. Applications must be submitted to NCSS at least 2 months before the Panel evaluation date.|
|For Example for a two-day “Building Emotional Resilience in Caregiving” course fee that equates to $650/pax (before funding)|
60% of course fee ($650) = $390
$192 per day x 2 days = $384
PCG funds which amount is lower, which in this case is $384, and which is below the cap of $700.
There the course fee after funding = $650 - $384 = $266